Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Foray into Arduino

OK, so I'm taking a brief foray into the arduino world.
My son and I are working on a Halloween costume using arduino, specifically the Adafruit Playground Classic. So below are some notes on the project.

The processor:

Since the playground is not specifically called out in all command references, it is important to note:
  • ATmega32u4 Processor, running at 3.3V and 8MHz
  • MicroUSB port for programming and debugging with Arduino IDE
  • USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI

Sensors and Pins

  • 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any rainbow color
  • 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection) SPI Pins, CS Pin on PIN 8 and Interrupt on PIN 7
  • 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor) PIN A0
  • 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor) PIN A5
  • 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone) PIN A4
  • 1 x Mini speaker (magnetic buzzer) PIN 5
  • 2 x Push buttons, left and right PIN 19 Left, PIN 5 Right (Read HIGH)
  • 1 x Slide switch PIN 21 LOW Left, HIGH right
  • 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins GPIO PINS 0, 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10, 12
    Includes I2C, UART, and 4 pins that can do analog inputs/PWM output
  • All 8 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs
  • Green "ON" LED so you know its powered
  • Red "#13" LED for basic blinking  PIN 13
  • Reset button

  • D10 / A10 - This pin can be digital I/O, or Analog Input. This pin has PWM output
  • D9 / A9 - This pin can be digital I/O, or Analog Input. This pin has PWM output.
  • D6 / A7 - This pin can be digital I/O, or Analog Input. This pin has PWM output.
  • D12 / A11 - This pin can be digital I/O, or Analog Input.
  • D1 - This pin can be digital I/O, it is also used for Hardware Serial Transmit, and can be an interrupt input.
  • D0 - This pin can be digital I/O, it is also used for Hardware Serial Receive, and can be an interrupt input.
  • D2 - This pin can be digital I/O, it is also the I2C SDA pin, and can be an interrupt input
  • D3 - This pin can be digital I/O or PWM output, it is also the I2C SCL pin, and can be an interrupt input
  • D4 - Left Button A
  • D5 - Speaker PWM output
  • D7 - Accelerometer interrupt
  • D13 - Red LED
  • D17 - Built-in 10 NeoPixels
  • D19 - Right Button B
  • D21 - Slide Switch
  • A0 - Temperature Sensor
  • A4 - Microphone sound sensor
  • A5 - Light Sensor





No comments:

Post a Comment