- this has some options that are handy
- -a show only the assigned disks
- -v show all the disks (yea doesn't make sense, a != all)
- you can use wild cards to get only the disks you want like 4d.10.*
- ex. disk show -v 4d.10*
- This assigns disks to the controller. The good and bad part is that you basically just use -n <number> and it assigns a number of disks to the controller, you don't choose it chooses for you. I'm old school, I like control. But you have to learn to let go.
- Now the options for this are not to bad but there are some to be careful of.
- assign -n <number> -- This will assign a number of disks to the controller.
- assign <diskID> -s unowned -- This will UNASSIGN the disk from the controller.
- Checking for wild card capabilities for this.
- remove DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE REMOVING A FAILED DRIVE.
more to come. - Updating over the next few weeks.